Again Buhari Nominates Lauretta Onochie As NDDC Chair, After INEC Failure
Daily Metro News NG
President Muhammadu Buhari has nominated his Special Assistant on Social Media and former INEC Commissioner nominee, Lauretta Onochie as substantive chairman of the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) as well as 14 other board members
Lauretta’s name was contained in a letter sent to the Senate alongside other nominees, Buhari asked the upper chamber to confirm the appointments.
The President of the Senate, Ahmad Lawan read the letter during Wednesday’s plenary session.
This is the second time President Buhari is forwarding a list of nominees for the NDDC board for confirmation.
Recall, he sent the first list of nominees for the board in 2021 and the Senate screened and confirmed the nominees.
However, Lawan stated that Buhari’s decision to send another list of nominees for confirmation was because there was a flaw in the previous compilation.
Below is the NDDC Board Nominees:
- Chairman – Laureta Ifeanyi Onochie (Delta, South-South)
- Dimgba Erugba State representative (Abia, South-East)
- Dr Ene Wilcox (Akwa Ibom, State Representative, South-South)
- Dr Pius Odudu (Edo, South-South)
- Hon. Gbenga Odegba (Ondo, South-West)
- Engr. Anthony Ekene (Imo, South-East)
- Onyekachi Dimgba (Rivers, South-South)
- Alhaji Mohammed Kabiru Abubakar (Zonal Representative, Nasarawa)
- Professor Tallen Mamma, SAN (North-East Representative, Adamawa)
- Sodique Sani (North-West, Zonal Representative)
- Chief Dr. Samuel Ibukun (MD)
- General Charles Ehigie Airhiavbere (Rtd) (Executive of Finance)
- Charles Ogunmola (Executive Director Project, South-West)