Daily Metro News NG
Members of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, across 18 local government areas of Ondo state and under the leadership of Hon. Banji Ben Okunomo popularly known as BBO has threatened not to support the the party’s governorship candidate, Eyitayo Jegede, SAN, over his ‘dictatorship’ style of leadership.
The group heard a meeting at Okitipupa yesterday where they passed “Vote Of No Confidence” on Eyitayo Jegede, as they accused him of favouring his group and that he has hijacked the party structure to favour only himself.
The group met and issued 6 points communique bothering on the activities of its candidate and his choice of running mate for the October 10, 2020 election in the state. Below is the communique issued:
COMMUNIQUE OF THE EXECUTIVE SESSION OF BBO CAMPAIGN ORGANIZATION WHICH HELD ON 19TH AUGUST,2020 AT OKITIPUPA.
The Executive Committee of the BBO CAMPAIGN ORGANIZATION in Ondo State PDP Family loyal to Hon. Banji Ben Okunomo a.k.a BBO,one of the PDP Gubernatorial Aspirants who contested the recent PDP Gubernatorial Primaries which produced Barr. Eyitayo JEGEDE (SAN) as the PDP Flag bearer at the DOME Event Centre, Akure recently gathered on 19th August, 2020 at Okitipupa to deliberate on recent political developments in our Dear Party ,the Ondo State PDP as they compound the party’s increasingly gloomy chances in the forthcoming Gubernatorial election on 10th October, 2020.
The BBO Group in the aforesaid Executive session well attended by Chairmen, Secretaries , Women Leaders,Youth Leaders and Coordinators from the 203 wards in the eighteen Local Governments of ONDO State resolved after rigorous considerations and passed a vote of no confidence, consequent upon betrayal of trust , on Mr. Eyitayo JEGEDE (SAN) the PDP flag bearer for the following reasons :
(1)We observe with dismay and complete displeasure the disturbingly overbearing political “modus-operandi” of Mr Eyitayo Olayinka Jegede since he emerged as the PDP Gubernatorial Candidate which clearly demonstrates his obvious display of dictatorship rather than DEMOCRACY for which our great party is traditionally known as it’s core value!
(2) The BBO Organization ,a formidable stake holder in ONDO PDP further expresses its disagreement with Mr Eyitayo Jegede on the way, sequel to his emergence as the Flag of our dear party, he manipulated the Party Structure to favour his political Camp at the expense of others at the just concluded State Congress there ONDO STATE PDP EXECUTIVES to favour his Camp in a “winner takes all fashion”!!!
(3) The BBO Executive session views with emphatic disapproval and absolute sense of rejection the undemocratic and unpopular dimension in which Barr. Eyitayo JEGEDE chose to foist the nomination of Hon. Ikengboju Gboluga a serving Member of the House of Representatives representing Okitipupa/Irele Federal Constituency on the PDP as his running mate and Deputy Governorship Candidate in stiff defiance to all wise counsels to the contrary portraying him as a rigidly conservative person that will always override superior majority view. The previous recommendation by the PDP leadership including ELDERS COUNCIL and Party leaders to the effect that Mr Eyitayo should drop the idea of Mr Ikengboju Gboluga and pick from the list of names of those the Party found most suitable to foster the bond of unison and reconciliation needed to guarantee Landslide victory for the PDP in the forthcoming gubernatorial duel scheduled for 10th October, 2020 was utterly jettisoned by the Party’s flag bearer.
(4) The BBO Campaign Organization hereby wishes to profoundly affirm our decision to remain resolute against anti people and undemocratic tendencies threatening the core values of our Party with heavy cost on the winning chances of the PDP in Ondo State in respect of the coming Governorship election.
(5)We however will hasten to reiterate our very bold preparedness to deepen democratic culture and multilevel engagements in the democratic space with those who share our unique vision of democratic engineering towards infrastructural,economic, industrial and sociopolitical transformations anchored on progressive EGALITARIANISM and good governance, en-route 10th October ,2020.
(6)The BBO ORGANIZATION in this Executive session charges all members in the 203 wards all over Ondo State to refrain from joining forces with all political activities which relate to Mr Eyitayo JEGEDE and his gubernatorial ambition till further notice.
On a final note, Our sincerely people-propelled Principal, Hon. Prince Banji Ben Okunomo sends his warmest appreciations to all his supporters, PDP faithfuls and indeed Gentlemen & Ladies of the respected profession for standing by him with relentless vigour and unflinching loyalty as he promises to remain steadfast in this very challenging democratic struggle and very demanding quest to serve ONDO State people in whatever democratic capacity God deems fit for him in the nearest future.
GOD BLESS ONDO STATE.
- Hon. Bitire Solomon ( Chairman , Communique Drafting)
- Hon. Kayode OJOMO JP. (Secretary BBO Communique Drafting Committee)
- Elder Timothy Akinrodoye, Member, Communique Drafting Committee